Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm Back!

After a rather long hiatus from the blogging world, i've decided to come back and start again. I think the main reason i left was because i hadn't found my 'scrapping style', and was so intimidated by all the amazing artists out there! Now i feel much more confident about my layouts, and i'm ready for the world (hopefully?) to look and judge...
I just love this craft, and sometimes find myself obsessing over it from the moment i wake, and until i crash into bed at night (hence the title of my blog...).
So here are some of the layouts i have done in the past month...

Pictures of Adrian and Sophia at Torquay beach last year. Used Kaisercraft papers and wooden vine, prima flowers and leaves, carolee's and pink paislee alphas.

I just love how this layout turned out! Used Bella! papers, prima flowers bling and alphas, dusty attic chip.


My baby boy. Papers and chip stickers from Cosmo Cricket, prima flowers and leaves, jenni bowlin butterfly, carolee's and american crafts alphas.

Adrian and Sophia at our local carol's by candlelight Christmas Eve last year. Used some old Basic Grey papers and letters, and misc. flowers.

Adrian and i BEFORE babies! Used Basic Grey papers and letters, prima flowers.

Hudson only a few weeks old. Used some old papers i've had in my stash since 2004!! 

Inspired by a layout i saw in the scrapbook.com gallery. Made my own spray mist by mixing blue acrylic paint with a touch of metallic white in a spray bottle! Used it for the bird/branch mask, and also on the blue flowers. I just love the magnolia do-hickey dies, but have not invested in one yet! I 'replicated' a swirl flourish die and hand cut it... not quite as good but it will do!

I just love the Dear Lizzy line of papers from American Crafts. Has to be one of my all time faves! Here is a layout using papers, ribbon and stickers from the line.


Not entirely happy with this layout... Used an old line of papers from Daisy D's.

I do love this layout! The pic is so sweet, and i love these Kaisercraft papers. Used lots of prima flowers here too.

Again used some old papers here. Prima flowers.

In case you hadn't noticed, I set a goal for myself this month, to use up as much of my old stash of papers as possible. I've made a tiny dent in the huge pile! Some of this stuff has been around since 2003... Here i've used some K&Co. papers.

Sophia unwrapping her Christmas pressies last year. Pink Paislee papers, another favourite line.

Again using some old Daisy D's paper. This layout is a scrap lift off one of Camilla Ekman's layouts. I just love love her work! Her beautiful layouts are so inspiring!

I have a few more layouts to post, I'll put them up in the next few days...
Cheers,
Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment